Concrete DNA™ Diamond Satellite Pads are professional grade diamond impregnated pads. Additionally, this product is functional when used dry or wet. The diamond pads are available in 14″, 16″, 17″, 20″ and 27″ diameters and a range from 30-1500 grits. These pads will open the surface of flat concrete and hone the surface to properly accept a densifier/hardener and continue to hone and polish to 1500 grit.
These diamond-impregnated concrete polishing pads are unique because they have a diamond resin material blown onto both sides of the pads. They also have diamond dots, known as satellites. The satellites allow for a superior flat cut that no other pad can do. Many customers find that on new concrete floors all they need to get a professional polish job is to use our pads. This can save you big money on large grinders. In fact, our level 2 concrete polish system, was designed to mimic the owner of concrete floor supply’s experience while consulting with Wal-mart and Sam’s club. On new floors, they use an 800, densify, 1500, all wet. They then buff with our 3000 grit(Concrete DNA™ Double Sided Diamond Pads).
Which Grit is Best for Your Diamond Polishing Pads?
- Just prepping? Grits 30-50 are ideal for quick preparations for coatings and overlays.
- Our 50 Grit will take care of scratches from grinding, and will transition you into polishing.
- Old floor? Try the 100 grit.
- Looking for a ‘honing pad,’ or a pad to get your floors in decent shape for polishing? 200 grit is for you.
- Need to polish a floor that has been power troweled? Looking to revitalize a severely worn polished concrete floor? Go with 400 grit.
- Want an eye-popping polish? How about a diamond polishing pad that will work with an auto scrubber to deep clean a hard troweled floor? The 800 grit is a great option, especially when paired with a “special soap” for polishing concrete.
- 1500 grit is the final polishing step. This pad, unlike the other options, should be used dry. The diamond pads are great for dry burnishing polished concrete. It is also good for periodically cleaning a polished concrete floor.
Most importantly, this pad can be flipped over and used for cleaning or burnishing. There are diamonds on BOTH sides!
For questions, check out our FAQ here.
Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!