|Dimensions||17 × 10 × 15 in|
For those that don’t want to wait on the reaction time of an acid stain or that have a limited amount of time to complete a job our indoor/outdoor dye (we nickname it “Instant Gratification”) is a great choice. This product is sprayed on the surface and can be sealed minutes later. Multiple colors can be used for unlimited effects.
- The quickest way to add color to exterior surfaces.
- Stain and seal in one day.
- UV stable dye and sealers.
- Easy to install.
- Starting <$.50/sqft.
*This is a rough ball-park price, actual price may vary.
- Pool decks
- Sidewalks and driveways
Super Blue quickly penetrates and dissolves lime deposits, mortar, scale, rust stains, etc. Used during the prep process to clean and remove contaminates, leaving you with the finish you're looking for. 500 sqFt. per Gallon
Snot is a roll-on remover that is biodegradable, very user-friendly and environmentally safe 250 sqFt per Gallon
Instant Gratification Dye are a translucent , UV stable dyes formulated using color designed to penetrate exterior and interior cementitious surfaces. These dyes create a unique, multi-colored color scheme that unlike paints, will not crack, chip or peel. The are available in our 20 standard colors but can be combined to create an unlimited color palette that creates a similar mottling or marbleized effect when used properly. 400 SqFt Per Gallon
Crete Seal Gloss is a high gloss, non-yellowing acrylic floor polish for use on all types of sealed floors. It not only dries to a high gloss finish but can also be maintained by spray buffing. 300 sqFt per Gallon. 2 Coats
Crete Seal Plus Ext. is a high gloss, non-yellowing acrylic floor polish for use on all types of sealed floors. It not only dries to a high gloss finish but can also be maintained by spray buffing. 300 sqFt per Gallon. 2 Coats
How to Stain Concrete with Instant Gratification Dye
Instant gratification dyes are a popular way to stain concrete with lightning-quick results. The dye is mixed with a solvent, sprayed onto the surface and can be sealed over just minutes later. They don’t produce a residue that needs to be cleaned and the dry time takes just seconds. These stains produce a mottled palette and come in a wide variety of colors. These stains can be applied to both new and old concrete. They are also UV stable and can be applied both inside and outside. Remember these stains are semitransparent and are intended to enhance the existing surface. They will not hide cracks or damage, but will likely give it some unique character…. that’s why it’s used!
There are three basic components to properly staining a concrete floor:
- Preparing the concrete surface is the most important step in the project. Paints, coatings, glues, and other contaminants that are left on the surface will show after the stain is applied.
- Prep can be done by mechanically grinding the floor with a planetary concrete grinder from a rental store. (if you are in the Kansas City area we have this tool available to rent) This would be the preferred method if you have a large floor with a lot of contaminates. The other way to prep a concrete floor is by using ConcreteFloorSupply.com specialty cleaners depending on the floor conditions
- Hot Strip = to remove black glue and paints
- Glu Gone= to remove yellow carpet glue and other mastics
iii. Super Blue= to open up the concrete (safe alternative to muriatic acid)
- Citra Peel= to remove cures and acrylic sealers
- Citra Pro= cleaner/degreaser to use on its own or after the above cleaners
- It is suggested to use the cleaners with a low-speed floor buffer and a black cleaning pad. Your goal is to clean all contaminates off of the floor and to give the floor a “chalkboard” (matte) appearance after it is prepped and dried.
- Clean the floor with the above chosen cleaners and allow the surface to dry. Remember prep work generally requires some trial and error when there are previous coatings, sealers, glues, etc. Feel free to reach out to us about this.
- Tape and mask off any areas you want to protect from stain overspray.
- Instant Gratification Dye can be applied in many different ways. The important thing to remember is to apply it the same manner throughout the floor surface. i.e. don’t start by spraying it on the floor and spreading it with a broom to spraying it on the floor to spreading it with a mop. You will get a different look when you change the application methods ‘mid-stream’.
- We recommend putting the stain in a one-gallon pump sprayer that can produce a fine mist. Make sure to test that the pattern is going to be what you want before you start spraying stain on your floor. Spray into a bucket or test spray a closet or inconspicuous area before doing your floor ALWAYS TEST
- Spray the dye onto the floor in a manner that covers the concrete 100%. Keep the same spray movements throughout the job.
- Allow the dye to dry and put on another coat if desired.
- After the dye has dried, it can be sealed.
- Seal with two coats of Concrete Floor Supply acrylic sealer
- Aqua Klear Coat
- Klear Coat
- After the sealer has dried for 48 hours apply EZ Glow floor polish
- Optional, but recommended
- One gallon typically covers over 1k sq feet and offers great scuff protection for pennies a sqft